Providing you with healthy options is something your dining team proudly does every day. We help you select delicious, nutritious and satisfying meals, snacks and desserts by highlighting well-balanced menu choices and providing nutritional information and tips to help you make choices that fit your needs!
Some of these nutrition topics may include:
· How to eat healthy on campus
· Vegan and vegetarian dining
· Sports nutrition
Rensselaer is proud to offer you with healthy and delicious options, regardless of your dietary restrictions. There are accommodations for various food allergies, intolerances, and sensitivities in our resident dining halls on campus. A team approach led by you is the best preparation for a safe school experience. Please reach out to notify us your allergies and dietary needs. If we do not here from you, we believe that you are successfully navigating the dining locations.
For additional information regarding food allergies, intolerances, and medical needs, click here!
Here we provide a brief summary of our program to ensure that you have safe and appealing dining options in an inclusive environment!
Mindful is Sodexo's health & wellness approach that helps you make healthy choices second nature! We are committed to creating healthy environments for our customers. Central to this effort is providing healthy, nutritious foods. The result of this initiative is an approach that focuses on transparency of ingredients, delicious food, satisfying portions and clarity in message so that you can make Mindful choices!
Mindful offerings meet stringent nutritional criteria based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Each meal part is limited in calories, has fewer than 30% of calories as fat, fewer than 10 % of calories as saturated fat, and is restricted in sodium, and cholesterol. Look for the Mindful icon to indulge in the healthy and delicious items offered at each meal.
No matter the reason, if you're opting to eat more plant-based meals, we have you covered with delicious, innovative dishes from whole foods! Each of our dining locations has options suitable for those that prefer plant-based ingredients.
Our dining halls feature many vegan and vegetarian options throughout the dining that changes daily. Take a look at the offering on the Everyday App (V = Vegetarian, VG = Vegan)
- Rustic Roots has a vegetarian and vegan entree every lunch & dinner.
- UCook is where you create your own masterpiece with tofu and beans, a variety of veggies, pasta and whole grains.
- Most sides at Simple Servings are Vegan. Find beans, grains, potatoes, and legumes here.
- Our fresh salad bar features green grown in our own Rensselaer Greens Freight Farm, has DIY salads, composed salads, cut fruit and berries, beans, tofu, and yogurt
- The Grill has tofu scramble, vegetarian sausage, black bean burgers, falafel, and vegetarian Chik nuggets.
- Dairy-free soy and oat milk available at beverage station.
- Rustic Roots has a vegetarian and vegan entree every lunch and dinner.
- One daily soup is vegetarian.
- UCook station has tofu, beans. veggies, and pasta to create your own meal.
- Grill has black bean burgers, falafel, vegetarian Chik nuggets, and vegetarian breakfast sausage.
- Salad bar has plant-based proteins, DIY and composed salads, cut fruit, yogurt
- Pizza and pasta station have vegetarian options.